Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Vegan and almost raw pumpkin pie!



This is a recipe I've wanted to try for a while now.. I found a recipe for pumpkin pie on oh she glows  and I adapted it a little, made a mistake but it turned out great!

I love pumpkin and my favorite way to enjoy it either plain baked pumpkin with honey or as a pastry pie.
So I found a healthier version of the pumpkin pie full of flavor and spices, just perfect.

For the crust I used 2 cups of ground walnuts, 1 cup oat flour, 2 tbsp muscovado sugar, 3 tbsp ground flax, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Himalaya salt, 1/4 cup raw honey, and .. by accident..  added spices for the filling: vanilla, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, agar powder... but it turned out amazing anyway!



For the filling, i used 2 and 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (just baked pumpkin ), 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup coconut cream, 2 tsp agar powder, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger, 2 tsp cinnamon, ground cloves.


The recipe doesn't need baking at all, you can just refrigerate overnight and it will taste amazing the next day. I used the directions on the website though.


Enjoy!

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment